Bhawana Ghimire is the first Chief Executive Officer of the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN). As a young female who holds a major post in the cricket governing body, Ghimire is yet to become an achiever as a cricket administrator.
After completing her School Leaving Certificate (SLC) exams from Padma Kanya Vidhyashram, the 31 year old from Arghakhanchi boasts a lengthy journey of her career from Nepal to UK then back to her homeland. Here cricketingnepal.com reflects on her journey as a next door girl to one of the most professional positions.
Ghimire completed her SLC from Padma Kanya Vidhyashram
She did her +2 from FW Taylor Management Academy from Putalisadak
Specialising in Finance, she completed the four-year undergraduate course — Bachelor in Business Administration from Nepal Commerce Campus in Minbhawan
MBA in Banking & Finance from University of Wales, Bangor, UK
As a professional
Upkar Saving and Credit Co-operative Pvt. Ltd (2006-07)
Project Consultant with nepalsharemarket.com (2007)
Assistant Treasury Manager at Punjab Naitonal Bank (Int) Limited, UK (2009)
Financial Analyst and Relationship Manager cum Event Director at Western Gulf Advisory B.S.C, Bahrain (2009-2010)
Lead Event Consultant at Global Events and Media Solutions (2013-14)
Apart from the professional experience, Ghimire also has a wide range of expertise including Event Management and Fund Raising, Portfolio and Fund Management, Risk Analysis, Financial Control and Accounting, Business Advisory and Partnership, Communication, Project Management, Report writing and Internal Audit, Rapport Build-up.
Events Handled including sports events
- Responsible to manage event, Bank of the Year 2010 as an event liaison coordinator in United Kingdom, the event being on behalf of Sponsor Comapny.
- Sponsor Chevrolet Supercars Middle east Championship on 2010 – 2011 Season – Round one after reviewing the events and mileage on behalf of Sponsor.
- Steering committee member for Bahrain International Circuit 2-3 December 2010
- Bahrain’s first-ever GCC Beach Games (six mix games; beach soccer, beach volleyball, beach handball, cricket, open water swimming, and bodybuilding) in association with The Bahrain Olympic Committee (BOC) being Supporting Partner.
- Management of Indian Community Event “hum hoyenge kamyab” on Oct 2010
- Coordinate and Sponsor a Charity Concert for Children in Malawi by inviting Sir Roger Moore, star fiddler Julian Rachlin and the Lucerne Symphonie Orchestra, New Year Concert 2011 on behalf of Sponsor
- Took a leading role for signing up Sponsorship deal for Bahrain National Football Team as a funder.
- Prepare £300m bid documents to buy Blackburn Rovers in August 2011, English
Championship League Club
- Took a leading role in Spanish La Liga Football Club” Real Racing Club” Takeover